Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Joke is on us!!!

So today at work Joe and I thought we were going to get fired. Scary huh?!?!

Well here is the story. My supervisor's supervisor came up to Joe and I during my lunch and said with a not so nice looking expression that we needed to talk. He takes us past the HR office and into the conference room where there is not only an HR lady but also the manager of the ENTIRE call center. They told us to sit in two specific chairs at the end of the table. Looking around at the table they all look somber and have some paper work sitting upside down. So they say you know we have to start letting people go because it is almost the end of 4th quarter. This is the time when we look at all of our employees and decide who we want to keep and who we want to let go. So here I am thinking "oh my heck they are letting us go. Glad I didn't pay the Dr. bill because that is an extra $300.00 in our account, WHAT THE HECK ARE WE GOING TO DO?". So they turn over the paperwork and I see Corrective Action. Not a good sign at all. Then in bursts about 4 or 5 people with a HUGE bag that said Merry Christmas on it. So I'm totally confused at this point. I have NO idea what is going on. When they said take a look at this corrective action paper. On the paper it had a check mark next to have a Marry Christmas!!! Yeah there was a woman in our training class who wanted to do something nice for Joe and I because she thinks we are awesome and our anny is coming up soon. So she started to put somethings together and people heard about what she was doing for us and they all wanted to pitch in and help. HOW AMAZING IS THAT?!?!?! In the bag there was this cute little hot coco ensemble, cups, hot chocolate, marshmallows...things like that. But on top of that there were two movies, a $25.00 gift card to the movie theater and also a gift card to "The Roof" which is on top of the Joseph Smith building for $50.00 and not to mention socks for Joe and a TON of candy. It was amazing. So they are loving the look on our faces right now...and they ask us how we feel. I totally lost it. I started crying. Me!!! I told them that I was so scared because I thought we were getting let go. Then I said we were out of work for 2 months and we love this job so much that we really don't want to leave. I got everybody in the room crying with me. Boys and all. Man oh man. I guess the joke is on us huh. I can handle jokes like that every once in a while...but any more then that I'll have to have a heart by-pass or something!!!! Have a good night. and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

3 comments:

Sarah Harward said...

How great!! that's so sweet and creative! Wish we could see you guys this Christmas!

mom o said...

Great things happen to the nicest people. I hope that your Christmas only gets better.
Love you!!!!!

Trista said...

I agree with Sandra.. You guys deserve it.. It could have not happened to nicer people. I hope you guys had a great Christmas.. I sure miss you.