Friday, September 30, 2011

Can't believe its the last day of September.

I can't believe how fast time has been flying by. School is just making the time sore and I absolutely love it. I would enjoy it thoroughly if the next 4 years just came and went. It's been a great adjustment going to school instead of work and I'm loving every min of it.

Homework? LOADS! But I am keeping up with it and getting great grades. Its almost midterm and so far I have straight A's. WAHOO. Now if I can keep that going for the next four years I'll be super happy.

We're going to go down to USU-Eastern next semester and hopefully stay down there until we are completely done with college. USU-Eastern used to be CEU, a two year college in Emery County. Not to long ago they transferred from a two year to a four year college. Which is great for us because they now offer the Nursing program. Our plan is to live in my grandmother's trailer (since she is living in St. George now, with no plans to come back just yet). It would be rent free and we would only have to pay for the utilities that we use. Best of all...we would be in ONE place for the next FOUR years if everything goes correctly. Oh how I would love that.

Another good benefit of moving down there is that we could get a puppy. YEY. Joe and I have wanted a puppy for the longest time but we felt that we shouldn't get one until we could get a house of our own (or at least not be in apartments or living with family). So the chance of us getting a puppy makes us both very happy.

Joe is doing VERY well in school. In our PSY class we both feel like he is one of the top 5 in the class. He is so so so smart. He retains everything he learns. I'm more of a person that has to study lots in order to retain it. Joe can learn it once or twice and be good. So needless to say, I have more homework than he does. And he still gets the best grades. Jealous. He also has straight A's. We're loving every min of being college students. We love having most of the same classes together. Its making our relationship stronger if you can believe that.

Joe and I have been doing this diet program. Which isn't a real program. Its just writing down our calories every day and staying under our goal along with working out. We've been trying to watch our food intake for a while but now we have this program that lets us input what we've eaten and it gives us the calories...it also tells us the appropriate number of calories to intake every day. When you click submit it says: "If every day were like today, you'd weigh ... by 5 weeks". Its a wonderful program. I just started it last Sunday and I've already lost a pound. I know it's not much yet but I'm getting there. Joe started to watch what he was eating about three weeks ago and I'm happy to report he has lost 8 pounds. That was before using this program so I'm excited to see how much he loses by using this tool. So the picture you see here is the beginning picture. I'm excited to show you the ending picture when we get there. Wish us luck!

Love to you all!

1 comment:

James and Shawna said...

Congrats! It's so good to hear an update! You and Joe are so impressive!