Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Everest College

Joe and I have found the best college for us. We have been looking into colleges for a while now and are so excited that we finally found the one we want. Starting this month we are going to be students at Everest College. We both are going into the Surgical Technologist Program. It takes two years to complete. We will be responsible for preparing the room and the patient for the surgery. We get all of the supplies needed to make the surgery go smoothly. When the Surgon asks for the scaple or any tools I would be the person to hand the tool over to the Dr. Once the surgery is done I am going to be responsible for the cleaning up of the mess and getting the room ready for the next surgery. I will also be able to help the anesthesiologist put the tube down the patients throat (which is awesome to me because I eventually want to end up being an anesthesiologist). Very exciting times. Also another sweet thing is that once we are done with school and have about 2-3 years under us we can go anywhere in the WORLD to do this job. Anybody wanna live in France, or Scotland what about Italy or Africa???? Imagine all of the wonderful experiences we could have. All of the traveling that could be done!! WOW. We are both so excited.

1 comment:

James and Shawna said...

Congratulations! That sounds so exciting! You're brave; I don't know if I could watch surgeries for a living! When do you start?