Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Missionary Attempt

Before thanksgiving I had a feeling that I needed to reach out to my neighbors just to let them know that we are there and after a little while maybe we could give them a pass-a-long card to the Church.

I had procrastinated doing it. One Sunday, I signed up for the Sister Missionaries to come to our home and give a 20 min lesson. During the lesson they stressed about reaching out to our neighbors and being missionaries even though we do not have the name badge.

So there I had it, no more procrastinating. For thanksgiving I made my 5 neighbors a basket that was FULL of goodies! I mean that thing was loaded. Joe and I went and delivered them to our neighbors and they were all pleasantly surprised. We even got a WARM apple pie in return from our neighbors (who by the way are not Mormons, I think, well I haven't seen them at church).

So I've decided that I'm going to give some kind of treat every big holiday (except New Years). So for Christmas I made these....



Sorry for the blurry picture but you can still see my creation.

How cute are those???? I just love them!!! Cute little hot pads that are filled with bite sized treats like Twix, Milky Way, Snickers and 3 Musketeers and topped off with candy canes. They say things like Ho, Ho, Ho; Seasons Greetings and The First Noel.


Okay, I just have to say it again, I think those are really cute. So this is my way of being a member missionary. I'm reaching out to them to let them know that I care and am thinking about them. Then on either Valentines day or Easter (haven't decided, probably Easter, I would appreciate input on that) I'll put in a pass-a-long card. Hopefully they will not be offended with my attempt.

This last picture is all 5 of the hot pads together. YEY. I like being a member missionary!!! Our little branch needs some serious work.


What do ya think?

1 comment:

Sarah Harward said...

Super cute! I might steal this idea for Landon's teacher!