Thursday, August 4, 2011

On the path of happiness.

So today I did something that is part of a plan. I quit my job! No I don't have another job and Joe is NOT working either. So whats the plan.

Become a CNA (both of us)

We start our CNA classes the 15th of this month. It takes 80 hours. 50 in class hours and 30 clinical hours. It is a two week program.

Go get into nursing school you have to become a CNA. They will not let you take even the classes unless you are one. So we thought, lets get it done now, both of us find part time jobs being a CNA while we're going to school.

A positive point that was made out to me is this....Most CNA workers only work for summer because they have to go back to school. So in the next month there will be plenty of job openings for us! (and there already were a lot when we looked yesterday)

It will make me happier to be in the medical field compared to the job I was at before. It will give me better experience and a better resume when I'm looking for a RN position.

We've thought about it, we've prayed about it and we both felt really good about making this first step. Now I've made that first step and to be completely honest....I'm extremely nervous about it. Its such a dramatic life change.

Here is to the path of happiness!

No comments: