Saturday, May 22, 2010

Update

Wow - Time sure flies by when you're...busy. I can't believe its been three months since I've posted anything on here. So let me catch you up to speed a little.

I got moved over to a "Special Projects" team for Overstock. What that means is that anything the company gets behind on or needs extra help on that's what I do. It has been really great. Its a Mon-Fri 6-2:30 shift. I have applied for one of the Quality Coach positions but they are still excepting resumes so I haven't had an interview yet.

Poor Joe has had a tooth ache for a little while. During that time I have been trying to get him to go see a dentist but he just kept saying that it wasn't going to get any worse and he would be just fine. Well yesterday apparently he was hurting so bad he finally went to the dentist. He has a horrible infection and also has to have the tooth pulled. Since he has that infection they can't pull it until that goes away. So he is on antibiotics for two weeks then they pull it. When they pull it they are going to put a screw in his jaw. 6 months after the screw goes in he has to go back and get the fake tooth implanted. Since it is his back molar they said he needs to have that fake tooth or all of his other teeth are going to spread out. (I'm thinking about getting a second opinion on that.)

I've come to realize that in most peoples lives until they earn a degree they are going to have to deal with debt. No matter how hard Joe and I try to stay out of debt and pay our debts off we always get into more. Things like doctor appointments and dentist appointments. Another thing that I've come to realize is that you still have to set apart some "date money" or "fun money". Its just as important to go on a date as it is to pay off debt. Now I'm not saying spend more money on going on dates then trying to get out of debt but just a little bit.

I have also realized that I love helping people. I love seeing their faces when they've realized what I've done to help their situation. I'm not saying this to brag but I get a "Spiritual High" when I help people. Joe and I just look and pray and pay attention for those moments when we can help somebody. I would suggest trying it. Its the best!!!!

If I think of anything more to say then I'll write another blog. Right now I think I've covered all of my bases.

No comments: