
Just one other tid bit from my first thanksgiving turkey....We get to the church and I put my turkey down for people to eat but they didn't really want it because there was a lot of turkey left from the 1st one. So I put it in the kitchen...well Dottie was cutting it so she could have turkey sandwiches for the rest of....like....the month. So she calls me over and whispers....the next time you cook a turkey make sure you get all of the gisards out of it...apperently there are two bags or gisards....not one!!! So that just added to the funny I think. But we all tasted it and it was delish...so tender and juicy. I did a good job....well except where I messed up....but hey you learn as you go!!!!

2 comments:
I'm glad to hear that great things happen to great people. The first time is always the worst and now you have recorded it for all history to read. I'm glad that Joe was right there helping you and you gave him such great entertainment. Next year have him take care of the whole thing and then you can have a great laugh.
Love you both
Lace good job!! that is so neat. I can relate about the guts inside. All I can think is why the heck do they leave them there. I already know they had them, I don't need proof. I almost barfed too!
Post a Comment