So I have to tell you all about my first thanksgiving cooking turkey experience. Dottie is doing her thanksgiving today because some family members are going on the cruise, and will be on the boat when thanksgiving comes. So my mom came down and gave us a turkey. And so this year I offered to cook the turkey for the party. Now the fun part comes!!!!
So I opened the bag that the turkey was in and thought "oh man its gone bad". The reason why I thought that was because the turkey was PURPLE.
Next with the taking out of the inside parts of the turkey...I was okay with taking out the stuff that was in the package...I didn't have to touch anything....then came the taking out of the neck....so picture this okay...I was gagging a little bit before I even put my hand in the turkey. So I stick my hand in there and feel all the gross bones and things like that and I immidetely took my hand out of the turkey. I didn't even get the neck out of there. So I hear Joe laughing at me...and I look over to him and he is cracking a gut....he thought it was so funny that I was having such a hard time with it. I finally get JOE to come get the neck out because heaven knows I wasn't going to put my hand back in there again.
Next I was washing the turkey...making sure it is nice and clean....now it comes to the inside of the turkey again...so I fill it up with water and just swoosh it around....lol...I did that like twelve times or more to make sure its really clean...because again I'm not going to put my hand in there...at least not this thanksgiving!!!!!
So I get the turkey clean...now here comes the seasoning part....my mom told me to put butter on the turkey...so i grab a handful of butter and just start rubbing it on there....little did I think about the turkey then being slippery....lets just say I had a fun time getting the butter on the turkey. Now the salt and the garlic powder and the pepper weren't so hard to do....but I had joe come over so I wouldn't loose the slippery little thing!!!!
Okay now come putting the turkey in a turkey bag....my mom tells me to put some flower in the bag and shake it around...so I did that no problem....then I asked joe to come over and open the bag up so I can put the turkey in the bag....so the bag is open and I go to put the turkey in it...well because that little thing was slippery....It slipped out of my hands....but thats okay because it landed in the bag....however, once it got to the bottom...because it dropped in the bag it went straight THREW the bottom of the bag and onto the floor.
Joe is really trying very hard to not crack up at this point. His face was turing red because he was trying to hard not to laugh...and I am trying so hard not to be mad at myself....because all of these things keep happening to me...
Okay after we got that mess all taken care of....we put the turkey in the other bag (good thing there was two in that box, they must do that for people like me) and alas I forgot to put the FLOWER in that bag....I was so done with the turkey cooking thing that I just didn't add any flower to the bag.
I put the turkey in the oven (FINALLY) and am right now waiting for it to cook so I can take it down to the party. I hope it tastes well...if not I'll have to try something different next year...maybe I can even pull out the neck.....next year. (GROSS)
I hope this has made you all laugh!!!! This is my 1st year cooking experience with a turkey. Its hard work!!!!

1 comment:
Too funny! When do you guys leave on your cruise?
Post a Comment