Thursday, February 5, 2009

Not for the faint hearted

Joe had to take me to the ER one night because my stomach hurt really bad. As all people fear when they are pregnant is....did I just lose the baby. Well come to find out I didn't lose the baby. I had a cyst about 12 1/2 cent growing in my left ovary. OUCH!!!! So they gave me medication and said that I would have to have surgery. They wanted to wait until I was in the second trimester to do it because it wouldn't be as scary baby wise. So they sent me home to wait it out. About 4 days later Joe had to take me back to the ER with the same but worse pain. In just 4 days they cyst had grown 2 centimeters. So needless to say they had to do surgery to get the cyst out (by the way they said they cyst's mass was the size of a Nerf football). In order for them to not kill my ovary they actually had to pop the cyst and let it leak out. Once then cleaned up all of the drainage they looked at my ovary and it was way to big. So they had to basically put it back to the size they normally are by cutting it way little at a time. Then they put a lot of stitches around it to hold it together. They didn't have to touch the baby at all (which the doctors said is amazing. I call it a blessing). The incision was not a little one. It is like a c-section scar. And to close that up they used 26 staples. The next day the doctor came in and was trying to find a heartbeat for my baby. He scared me and my mom because he said he couldn't find one. So he ordered a regular Ultra sound and sent me down there. It took a little while but they found our baby. The baby was very still, unlike all of the other times when they baby would just wiggle all over the place, but the heartbeat was at it should be (another blessing). So now I am recovering from the surgery and I caught a bug so I'm trying to get over that as well and I'm growing my cute little baby. Lets just say life is hard at the moment but still very good. My baby is fine, they got the cyst out and I'm not in as much pain as I was before the surgery. I'm truly being blessed and I feel very humbled about it.

3 comments:

James and Doralie said...

LACE!! O my, I'm glad to hear that you are ok and that the baby is fine as well. You are right, what a blessing!

mom o said...

It sounds like you have had a rough go of it during the past couple of weeks. I'm glad to hear that your Mom was able to be with you during this time. Mom's are always the greatest. Just think, now you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy, that is once you have fully recovered from the surgery with no more worries. Prayers have been answered in your behalf. Love you lots.

James and Shawna said...

I'm so glad to hear you and the baby are healthy! You're strong, and so is your little one. Keep it up! We're thinking of you!